What you’ll need:
- 12” Dutch oven
- Parchment paper
- 1 roll of refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ jar pizza sauce
- Desired pizza toppings
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare the oven by cutting three strips of parchment paper approximately 18 inches long and 5 inches wide. Fold in half length-wise, criss-cross strips in the bottom of the oven and drape the ends of the strips over the edge. This might require others to help you hold the strips in place. Spray the parchment and the bottom of the oven with cooking oil spray.
2. On a clean surface, press dough into a shape that will fit snugly (without touching the edges) in your 12” Dutch oven.
3. Place the circle of dough in the bottom of your oven. Poke the surface of the dough with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming.
4. Bake the dough for 5-8 minutes using 10 coals beneath your oven and 19 coals on top, arranged in a double ring on the lid.
5. Remove the lid and oven from the charcoal. Add pizza sauce, your desired toppings and cheese. Replace the lid on the Dutch oven and place over the ring of charcoal to bake for 15-20 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheese is bubbly and turning brown.
6. Remove oven from charcoal. Use teamwork and the parchment strips to lift the hot pizza out of the oven. Enjoy.
By Steve and Leslie Lovett of texasironchef.com
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today