“Excellent with Italian bread and a salad!”
Servings: 6 to 8
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Challenge Level: Moderate
1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup (1 standard stick) butter
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup flake-style imitation crab, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Two-burner cook stove
Large cook pot
Medium-size frying pan
Preparation at Camp:
1. Cook fettuccine pasta in large pot over high heat according to package directions. Adding a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pot then stirring the pasta through the oil slick at the top of the water will help prevent pasta from sticking.
2. While pasta cooks, melt butter in a medium-size frying pan over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and sliced mushrooms to the pan then gently stir.
4. Pour heavy cream into the frying pan. Stir then allow cream mixture to come to a gentle boil. Add imitation crab meat.
5. Add the parmesan cheese in small batches, about a tablespoon at a time. Use a whisk to mix the cheese into the Alfredo sauce as the cheese is added.
6. Continue to stir Alfredo sauce until all the cheese is melted. Set heat to low.
7. Use a colander to completely drain pasta after it finishes cooking then return pasta to the large pot.
8. Pour Alfredo sauce over fettuccine noodles then gently stir until pasta is coated.
9. Add salt and black pepper to taste.