About our cover:
Miles to go before they sleep, Troop 315 Scout Josh Simonds and Scoutmaster Charles Hazard take a break to get their bearings on the slippery trail to Kauai's Alakai Swamp. Photograph by Dan Bryant.
In the September - October 2010 Issue
- The Troop Bully
- Is there a Scout intimidating someone in your unit? Learn what experienced Scout leaders and psychologists say about how to spot the warning signs, how to deal with the bully, the target, and their parents, and how to create an anti-bullying culture.
- Forward Momentum
- At the BSA's National Annual Meeting in May, volunteer Scouters get briefed on a strategic plan for the future that Chief Scout Executive Bob Mazzuca calls "one of the most significant accomplishments in the history of our movement."
- Hawaii High & Low
- Baltimore-area Troop 315 travels to Hawaii for a classic Scouting experience. From the mountains to the sea to more than 1,700 feet underground, the group discovers you gotta hang tough -- even on an adventure in paradise.
- From the CSE Bob Mazzuca muses on the remarkable moments so far in the 100th Anniversary celebration and offers his thoughts on how the BSA plans to continue its incredible accomplishments in the years to come.
- Boys' Life Preview Team up with the September issue to learn terrific trivia about the NFL and what happened when a group of Scouts tested their jet-piloting skills inside an airline flight simulator. Then, in October, get a glimpse into the future at a smoking hot, 500-horsepower V8 speed demon designed to get -- whoa! -- 78 miles per gallon.