Bert Adams Scout Reservation
Atlanta Area Council
Photograph by Andrew Kornylak
Most Scout camps offer terrific campfire programs for boys and leaders. But few match the incredible venue that awaits campers at the Ellis Amphitheater. It’s the first stop in our Cool Camps series, in which we take you inside some of the nation’s great Scout facilities.
- The 2,000-seat amphitheater features a lakeside setting to give campers a picture-perfect panorama.
- The arena boasts professional sound and lighting equipment, totem poles, a huge fire ring, and restroom facilities.
- Scouts and leaders gather for the shows each Sunday and walk across a lighted bridge lined with staffers who greet every visitor with a high five and a smile.
- The hourlong show features staff and group songs, as well as about a dozen skits.
- “Scouting spirit” plays a major role in lighting the campfire—that’s all staffers would tell us about their secret technique.
Top of Page
September - October 2009 Table of Contents