Anniversaries of 50 years or more (in multiples of five years) will be posted
within 30 days following the publication of each issue of Scouting magazine,
if received by the first day of the month of the issue's publication (i.e., Jan. 1
for the January-February issue). Use our online form to send your
announcements or mail them (including name and address or phone number of a person
to contact) to Unit Anniversaries, Scouting Magazine, S204, P.O. Box 152079,
Irving, TX 75015-2079.
- Troop 11 - Oil City, Pa.
- 85th anniversary in 2001. For more information contact Daniel J. Karg, R.D. 1,
Box 157, Kennerdell, PA 16374, email@example.com, (814) 498-2669.
- Troop 2 - East Lansing, Mich.
- 80th anniversary, October 30, 2001. Guests of honor at a spaghetti dinner
celebrating the anniversary were the Rev. Harry Johnson and Rep. Gretchen
Whitmer. Rev. Johnson is minister at Peoples Church, the troop's chartered
organization. Rep. Whitmer is the state legislator for the 70th District of
Michigan, the home district of the troop. More than 170 boys have earned
their Eagle Scout rank in the troop. Unit leaders include Rod Ritchison,
Scoutmaster; William Lockhart, chartered organization representative; and
Sherry Seelhoff, committee chairperson.
- Troop 83 - Lionville, Pa.
- 50th anniversary celebration at noon, Nov. 24, 2001, at the Lionville
Fire Dept., 15 Village Ave., Lionville, Pa. All former Scouts and leaders
are invited to attend the event. For more information contact Ruth Godlin,
130 Oak St., Downingtown, Pa. 19335, (610) 873-7576.
- Troop 51 - Schertz, TX
- 50th anniversary celebration, 6:30 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 2, 2001, at
the Knights of Columbus Hall, 509 Schertz Parkway, Schertz, Tex.
For more information, contact Walter Kula, committee chairman,
(210) 566-0617, or visit the troop's Web site at www.bsatroop51.com
- Troop 21 - Munich, Germany
- This BSA Transatlantic troop celebrates its 50th anniversary, Sept.
21-23, 2001, during Oktoberfest in Munich. All former Scouts and
leaders are invited to attend the celebration. For more information,
contact Elizabeth diElsa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 759 - Richmond, VA.
- 50th anniversary September 15, 2001. Chartered to Lakeside United Methodist
Church, Troop 759 will host a special reunion event , September 15, 2001.
For more information, contact Stuart H. Dunn, P.O. Box 28252, Richmond, VA
23228, business phone: (804) 261-3917; fax: (804) 261-9215; or the troop
Web site http://www.relc-troop759.org.
- Troop 222 - Huron, S.D.
- 25th anniversary in September 2001. A silver anniversary party is planned
for Saturday, Aug. 25, 2001, at the New Plains Dining Center, Huron, S.D.
For more information contact Lois Polfus, 854 Idaho SE, Huron, S.D. 57350,
Top of Page
Current Issue |
November-December 2001 Table of Contents
Copyright © 2001 by the Boy Scouts of America. All rights thereunder reserved;
anything appearing in Scouting magazine or on its Web site may not be reprinted
either wholly or in part without written permission. Because of freedom given authors,
opinions may not reflect official concurrence.