Anniversaries of 50 years or more (in multiples of five years) will be posted
within 30 days following the publication of each issue of Scouting magazine,
if received by the first day of the month of the issue's publication (i.e., Jan. 1
for the January-February issue). Send announcements (including name and address or
phone number of a person to contact) to Unit Anniversaries, Scouting Magazine,
S204, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079.
- Troop 11 - Oil City, Pa.
- 85th anniversary in 2001. For more information contact Daniel J. Karg, R.D. 1,
Box 157, Kennerdell, PA 16374, email@example.com, (814) 498-2669.
- Troop 201 - Olmsted Falls, Ohio
- 75th anniversary on Sunday, July 15, 2001. Former Scouts, leaders, and family
members are invited to attend an afternoon of Scouting skill demonstrations,
games, memorabilia displays, and a troop court of honor at East River Park.
For more information, contact Scoutmaster Mark Duncan, 26105 Hickory Ln.,
Olmsted Falls, OH 44138, or visit the troop Web site,
- Troop 42 - South Bound Brook, N.J.
- 70 years in 2001. All members, past and present, and their families
are invited to a special dinner scheduled for April. For more information,
contact Tom Harabin, 278 Edgewood Terrace, South Bound Brook, N.J. 08880
or firstname.lastname@example.org or William Hulik, 161 Clinton St., South Bound
Brook, N.J. 08880.
- Troop 72 - Zephyrhills, Fla.
- 65th anniversary in May 2001. For more information, contact Scoutmaster
John Harrell, 5337 23rd St., Zephyrhills, Fla. 33540, (813) 788-9645.
- Troop 325 - Philadelphia, Pa.
- 60 years on June 2. The unit is chartered to St. John's Evangelist Church.
Contact Louis Tartack, Scoutmaster, 2427 S. Hutchinson St., Philadelphia,
Pa. 19148-3725, (215) 467-2999.
- Troop 21 - Munich, Germany
- This BSA Transatlantic troop celebrates its 50th anniversary, Sept.
21-23, 2001, during Oktoberfest in Munich. All former Scouts and
leaders are invited to attend the celebration. For more information,
contact Elizabeth diElsa, email@example.com.
- Troop 6 - Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.
- 50th anniversary on June 23, 2001, at the Point Pleasant Presbyterian Church.
Contact Scoutmaster Jim McGuire, 2124 Evergreen Ln., Point Pleasant, N.J. 08742,
(732) 295-8971, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 759 - Richmond, VA.
- 50th anniversary September 15, 2001. Chartered to Lakeside United Methodist
Church, Troop 759 will host a special reunion event , September 15, 2001.
For more information, contact Stuart H. Dunn, P.O. Box 28252, Richmond, VA
23228, business phone: (804) 261-3917; fax: (804) 261-9215; or the troop
Web site http://www.relc-troop759.org.
- Troop 222 - Huron, S.D.
- 25th anniversary in September 2001. A silver anniversary party is planned
for Saturday, Aug. 25, 2001, at the New Plains Dining Center, Huron, S.D.
For more information contact Lois Polfus, 854 Idaho SE, Huron, S.D. 57350,
Top of Page
Current Issue |
May-June 2001 Table of Contents
Copyright © 2001 by the Boy Scouts of America. All rights thereunder reserved;
anything appearing in Scouting magazine or on its Web site may not be reprinted
either wholly or in part without written permission. Because of freedom given authors,
opinions may not reflect official concurrence.