“Ground beef and broccoli? Oh yeah … especially when mingled with a little melted Velveeta. Talk about loaded with flavor! My troop loves these burger-stuffed dinner rolls.”
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Challenge Level: Easy
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
1 (16-ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
1 dozen large dinner rolls
14-inch camp Dutch oven
Large frying pan
Heavy-duty aluminum foil
Preparation at Camp:
1. Prepare 32 coals for the Dutch oven.
2. Line oven with aluminum foil then grease the foil with a little cooking spray.
3. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add chopped broccoli and Velveeta cubes to the skillet. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted and blended with the beef and broccoli.
5. Slice each dinner roll in half horizontally. Carefully hollow out each roll by removing some of the bread from the center of each half.
6. Add a generous helping of beef-broccoli-cheese mixture to the hollows in each roll half.
7. Place two roll halves together to recombine into a single “stuffed” roll. Repeat for all the roll halves. Set the stuffed rolls side-by-side in the oven.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes using 21 coals on the lid and 11 coals under the oven until the tops of the rolls are browned and crispy.